Here is the Litmus Test to assess if you are a Christ-less Christian.
This is no SAT. It is not a public, standardized test. You are not ranked against a national score. In fact, it may be a relief for you to know that the result is not to be published in any shape or form. It is just a test that you do in private between you and Jesus. The results are for your reflection only. Jesus never keeps these scores.
The Litmus Test of a Christ-less Christian:
- Is Jesus the reason and purpose of what I am living for?
- Do I care about what Jesus loves and hates, and take effort to please Him accordingly?
- Do I spend private, intimate time with Him often enough to grow my love for Him?
- Do I take time to I hear what He has to say to me instead of my one-sided non-stop asking?
- Do I make Him my top priority?
- Is the fire of my love for Him keep burning?
- Do I choose Him over all other relationships in my life?
- Do I seek to do His will in my choices in life, in my use of time and in my use of money?
- Do we share life memories together?
- Do I share my life in Christ with people in my life the same way I share about other important people in my life?
- Is my identity in Christ satisfies me completely that I truly have no other wants?
The test is never meant for condemnation or discouragement. May it be a spiritual health assessment to indicate if your love for Jesus needs enrichment, or even a major make over.
May you be the ones that the Lord favor!
“These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.” Isaiah 66:2
Link to my original post of “Am I a Christ-less Christian”: http://truthsetsfree.me/2014/01/11/am-i-a-christ-less-christian/
Imagine one day you woke up and shockingly realized that you were married!
You scramble to figure out how you get to your current state. You tried to remember how you two first met. You wondered to yourself what led you to decide to give your life to this person. You tried hard to recall how the proposal took place, what happened when you said “I do!”. With the ring on your finger and the person sleeping next to you, you just knew that you were married! But no matter how hard you tried, nothing seemed to come to mind, absolutely nothing! Wouldn’t that be the biggest, most horrifying nightmare to anyone?
Ask any Christian:
- How did you first meet Jesus as a Person? What is your first encounter with Him like?
- What happened that made you realize how much Jesus loves you?
- How were you drawn by His love?
View original post 870 more words